Thursday, February 26, 2009

This Question Will Be Asked...What Is The Outdoor Code...

The Outdoor Code

Remember this one you will hear it again:
As an American, I will do my best to -
Be clean in my outdoor manners.
I will treat the outdoors as a heritage.I will take care of it for myself and othersI will keep my trash and garbage out of lakes, streams, fields, woods, and roadways.
Be careful with fire.
I will prevent wildfire.I will build my fires only where they are appropriate.When I have finished using a fire, I will make sure it is cold out.I will leave a clean fire ring, or remove all evidence of my fire.
Be considerate in the outdoors.
I will treat public and private property with respect.I will use low-impact methods of hiking and camping.
Be conservation minded
I will learn how to practice good conservation of soil, waters, forests, minerals, grasslands, wildlife, and energy.

I will urge others to do the same.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home